How to Count Prior Investments in the US Towards an EB-5 Green-card

By | Blog, Business, E-Visa, EB-5, Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, Lawful permanent resident, LPR, News & Announcements, Visa | No Comments


Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.06.50 AM

An EB-5 immigrant visa is a visa that allows you to become permanent resident if you invest 1-million dollars (or 500k in certain circumstances) and create 10-jobs for US citizens or residents. (Some other day we’ll talk about what “10-jobs” mean. Today I want to talk about how to count the 1-million amount when you have already invested money in the US). When funds have already been invested, there is a lot of confusion as to what counts and what doesn’t.

For the lay reader it might seem simple. 1-million is 1-million. However, as most things in the law, it is not simple and, 1-million might not be 1-million.

Let’s put an example to make it more graphic.

Let’s say Juan wants a green card through the 1M-investment program. Juan has been in the United States for 3-years (under another status, an E2 business visa). When he first came to the US he invested 50k. Because he is so good, he multiplied the 50k, and with only that 50k he generated another 950k in profits from his company. (unlikely but for purposes of explaining the 1M situation, it helps us).

In our example, Juan can only use the 950k generated by the business only if those 950k were distributed by his company to him as profits and he paid taxes on it. Once the money passes through to him and is taxed, then that money can count as part of the 1M investment for an EB5-green card visa. The reason (though not commonsensical from a business stand point since most business retain earnings or reinvest in the company) is that the EB-5 visa regulations talk about “foreign investor.” So the government wants the money to be “foreign” and that it comes from an “investor”—a human being. This is why they make you pass through the money before it can be counted.

In our example if we assume a tax rate for Juan of 30%, Juan would only be able to invest 665k of the 950k (Because 285k would be taxes). But this scenario is unlikely, because generally businesses have partners, and if, for instance Juan was a 50% owner, then we can only count the money that belongs to him, i.e.: 50% of the 665k or 332.5k.

EB-5 (green card) visas are complicated. It all starts simple: invest 1M and create 10-jobs. But, as seen, it is far from straight forward.For more information on investment visas call 305-570-2208 or email at

Ayala Law Obtains Visas for Plaintiff in Mass Tort Litigation

By | Admission, B1 Visa, Blog, immigration, Immigration Law, Litigation, News & Announcements, Travel Abroad, Visa | No Comments


Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 4.21.36 PM

In what was an uphill process, Ayala Law obtained special visas for over 33-plaintiffs and witnesses to travel for litigation in the United States. The Plaintiffs-Applicants are Peruvian citizens from a remote, poor area of the city of La Oroya, Peru.

The plaintiff are part of a case filed in federal court in Missouri where they are seeking recovery from several corporate and individual US Defendants for injuries, damages and losses caused by exposures to lead and other toxic substances as a result of Defendants use, management, supervision, and release of materials from a metallurgical complex in the region of La Oroya, Peru.

The Plaintiffs were minors at the time of their initial exposure and injuries. At critical times during gestation and their developmental years, Plaintiffs were exposed to damaging levels of lead and other toxic substances including arsenic, cadmium, and sulfur dioxide. Attorney Eduardo Ayala has been involved in this case since early 2013.

The visas were crucial to allow the plaintiffs to appear at their deposition in Saint Louis Missouri. Had they not been able to appear to their deposition in the United States they could have faced adverse rulings in the case or even dismissal.

For information about visas call 305-570-2208 or email

Can you Travel to the United States on a Visitor Visa to Litigate?

By | Admission, B1 Visa, Blog, immigration, Immigration Law, Litigation, News & Announcements, Travel Abroad, Visa | No Comments

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 3.50.35 PM

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) establishes that everyone is presumed to be an immigrant except, among others, certain categories of aliens visiting for business or for pleasure. Section 101(a)(15)(B) of the INA states that “ . . . an alien . . . having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning and who is visiting the United States temporarily for business or temporarily for pleasure . . .” is not an immigrant. See 8 U.S.C. 101(a)(15)(B) [1101(a)(15)(B)] (2017).

Similarly the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) states that “[n]on-immigrant visas are for international travelers coming to the United States temporarily. . . for a wide variety of reasons, including tourism, business, medical treatment and certain types of temporary work.” 9 FAM 401.1-2 (2015).

The “[f]actors to be used in determining entitlement to Temporary Visitor Classification are . . .

(a) Have a residence in a foreign country, which [the applicant] do not intend to abandon;

(b) Intend to enter the United States for a period of specifically limited [temporary] duration; and

(c) Seek admission for the sole purpose of engaging in legitimate activities relating to business or pleasure. . .” 9 FAM 402.2-2(B)(U) a-b (2015).


The term “residence” is defined in INA 101(a)(33) as the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent.” 9 FAM 402.2-2(C)(U) (2015).

Temporary Period of Stay:

The FAM states that “[a]lthough “temporary” is not specifically defined by either statute or regulation, it generally signifies a limited period of stay. The fact that the period of stay in a given case may exceed six months or a year is not in itself controlling, provided that . . .[the reviewer is] . . . satisfied that the intended stay actually has a time limitation and is not indefinite in nature.” Additionally, “[t]he period of time projected for the visit must be consistent with the stated purpose of the trip. The applicant must establish with reasonable certainty that departure from the United States will take place upon completion of the temporary visit. 9 FAM 402.2-2(D) (U) a-b (2015) (emphasis added).

Legitimate Activities Related to Business:

“Engaging in business contemplated for B1 Visa classification generally entails business activities other than the performance of skilled or unskilled labor.” 9 FAM 402.2-5(A) (U) a (2015) The applicant must show that she possesses adequate funds to avoid having to obtain unlawful employment.” See 9 FAM 41.31 N4.2 (2005).

Among the permitted business activities applicants may travel on a B1 Visa if they have litigation in the United States. See 9 FAM 402.2-5(B) (U) (4) (“Aliens should be classified B1 visitors for business, if otherwise eligible, if they are traveling to the United States to: . . . Litigate . . .”)

Litigation can include attending depositions, testifying at a trial, meeting with your attorneys or other reasons related to a case of which you are part in the United States.

For more information about traveling to the US to litigate or for business call or text at 305-570-2208 or email us at

Vivir en los Estados Unidos Invirtiendo en Bienes Raices en Miami

By | Blog, Business, E-Visa, EB-5, Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, Lawful permanent resident, LPR, News & Announcements, Noticias, Real Estate, Residencia | No Comments


Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 6.56.17 PM

En mi experiencia, muchas personas en todo el mundo quieren vivir en los Estados Unidos (EE.UU.) para disfrutar de la seguridad y la estabilidad que su sistema político proporciona. En América del Sur, por ejemplo, la mayoría de las personas con alto patrimonio saben que Estados Unidos nunca tendrá alguien en el poder que amenace las estructuras democráticas del país. La fuerte estructura constitucional y democrática del país no lo permite. Es decir, por lo menos esa es la imagen de los Estados Unidos en el extranjero.


Pero incluso si hay un ambiente político seguro, los extranjeros no quieren entrar en inversiones riesgosas que pueden poner en peligro sus ahorros de toda la vida. En este sentido, inversion en bienes raíces ofrece lo mejor de ambos mundos: una vida legal en los EE.UU. y una inversión segura. A través de un programa llamado EB-5 se puede obtener la residencia permanente haciendo una inversión de $500,000 en un proyecto aprobado por el gobierno.

Muchos de estos proyectos son desarrollos inmobiliarios que, ante el difícil proceso de obtener préstamos de prestamistas tradicionales, se convierten en fondos privados.

Ahora, siempre se puede invertir en su propio proyecto de bienes raíces. Dependiendo del área, la inversión podría ser $500,000 o $1,000,000. Se tiene que crear 10 empleos en los Estados Unidos para calificar a este programa. No estamos hablando de edificios sofisticados. Pequeños proyectos pueden calificar siempre y cuando cumplan con la cantidad requerida y que se creen los 10 puestos de trabajo.


Para aquellos que no necesariamente quieran invertir grandes cantidades de dinero, hay otras inversiones en bienes raíces que requieren una menor cantidad de dinero y que pueden calificar para obtener una visa para vivir en los EE.UU. con su familia.

En Ayala Law PA nos hemos asociado con prestamistas privados que otorgan a los pequeños inversionistas hasta el 50% del capital necesario para comprar bienes raíces comerciales o residenciales. Inversiones de $250,000 pueden calificar para esta opción y son la mejor alternativa para aquellos que no tienen las cantidades más grandes de dinero en efectivo necesario para obtener la residencia permanente.


La mayoría de los expertos coinciden en que ha habido un aumento en la oferta en el mercado de condominios del sur de la Florida, lo cual es muy oportuno para los que tienen la liquidez para comprar. Muchas veces el mejor negociador es el efectivo en mano. Si al mismo tiempo, usted es un extranjero que está buscando la estabilidad de una residencia permanente o una visa de negocios, este es el momento oportuno para reunirse con un abogado de inmigración y bienes raíces para empezar a hacer un poco de planificación al respecto.

También es importante señalar que los EE.UU. no ha aumentado los montos mínimos requeridos para una inversión EB-5 desde la creación del programa en 1990. Desde ese punto de vista, aquellos que tienen el dinero disponible y planean invertir en los EE.UU. deberían hacerlo antes de cualquier posible aumento en los requisitos de capital.

Mi experiencia es que cuanto antes mejor cuando se trata de inmigración e inversión. La mayoría de las veces la planificación migratoria adecuada junto con un buen plan de negocios es la mejor oportunidad para tener éxito tanto en inmigración como en la inversión.

Para mayor información llame para programar una cita al 305-570-2208 or envie un correo a

Are you Defenseless Against Federal Agents’ Abuses at Airports?

By | Admissibility, Admission, Blog, CBP, Civil Actions, Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, Lawful permanent resident, News & Announcements, Visa | No Comments

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 5.50.21 PM

There are several reports that Federal employees at ports of entry are taking measures that are breaching constitutionally protected rights.

In the most recent, remarkable case, a US born citizen and a NASA-engineer employee was detained by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for no particular reason. This scientist posted the incident on his Facebook account and described how he was sent to a room for a long period of time and asked not only for his cell phone but the password to access the information in it.

The scientist, having concerns about the sensitive nature of the information in his government provided cell phone, initially refused to give out his password. Intimidated by the persistence of CBP and being held already for a long time, he gave his phone access code to the agents.

Situations like this are not uncommon nowadays.This is just one of many remarkable stories at ports of entry which is making CBP agents’ well-earned reputation as abusive, rude individuals increase dramatically under the new administration.

The truth of the matter is that normally you do not have to give out your cell phone password. The Supreme Court has decided that police cannot search peoples’ phones inside the country without a warrant because they contain abundant personal information. The Court has not yet decided on a case about phone searches at the border or ports of entry.However, the Supreme Court in 1976 and 2004 decided that people’s Fourth Amendment privacy rights are less when entering the US because the government has to protect its borders.

If you are a US citizen or a Green Card holder (and you do not give out your password) they eventually have to let you in. It will be just a bad experience. But if you are coming to the US with a non-immigrant visa (as a tourist for instance) you are not only facing the hassle (and a bad time)but also a potential denial of entry.

Is there any remedy?

Yes. If you manage to make it through and feel that your rights have been violated, there are certain things you can do. The Supreme Court has held that “a violation of the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable searches and seizures by a federal agent acting under color of his authority gives rise to a cause of action for damages consequent upon his unconstitutional conduct.” Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents of Fed. Bureau of Narcotics, 403 U.S. 388, 389, 91 S. Ct. 1999, 2001 (1971).

Damages can include “humiliation, embarrassment, and mental suffering as a result of the [federal] agents’ unlawful conduct” Id. at 390. Attorneys fees are also a possibility in some cases.

For more information about “Bivens” actions call or text at 305-570-2208 or email us at






By | Blog, Business, Green Card, immigration, News & Announcements, Real Estate, Visa | No Comments

From my experience, a lot of people worldwide want to live in the United States (US) and enjoy the security and stability that its political system provides, even in the Trump era. In South America for instance, most high net worth individuals know that the US will never have a demagogue in power that threatens the democratic structures. A strong constitutional and democratic structure do not allow it. That is, at the very least the image of the US abroad.


But even if there is a safe political environment, foreigners do not want to enter risky investments that can jeopardize their lifetime savings or capital. In this sense, real estate provides the best of both worlds in terms of living legally in the US and making a safe investment. Through a program called EB-5 you can obtain a green card by making a $500,000 investment in a project approved by the US government.

A lot of these projects are real estate developments that, facing the difficult process to obtain loans from traditional lenders, turn into private funds.

You can always take matters into your own hands and invest in your own real estate project. Depending on the area, the investment could be $500,000 or $1,000,000. You will have to create 10 US jobs to qualify. We are not talking about sophisticated high-rises. Small developments may qualify as long as you meet the required amount and create 10 jobs.


For those who do not necessarily want to invest large sums of money, there are other smaller investments in the real estate that may qualify you for a visa to live in the US safely with your family.

At Ayala Law PA we have partnered with small private lenders who give smaller investors up to 50% of the capital needed to purchase commercial or residential real estate. Investments of $250,000 can qualify you for this option and are a better alternative for those that do not have the larger sums of cash required to obtain a green card.


Most experts agree that there has been an increase in supply in the condo market in South Florida that makes it very opportune for those with buying power to purchase. Often times the best dealmaker is cash in hand. If at the same time, you are a foreigner who is looking for the stability of a green card or a business visa, then get together with an immigration and real estate attorney to start doing some planning.

It is also important to note that the US has not raised the minimum amounts required for an EB-5 investment since the creation of the program in 1990. From that standpoint, those who have the cash available and plan to invest in the US should do it before any potential raise in capital requirements.

My experience is that the earlier the better when it comes to immigration and investment. Most of the time adequate immigration planning along with a good business plan is the best chance to be successful.

For more information contact us at or call or text at 305-570-2208

La visa E y los beneficios para su cónyuge e hijos

By | Admission, E-Visa, immigration, Immigration Law, Noticias, Peticion familiar, Residencia | No Comments

Mucha gente que quiere vivir en los Estados Unidos no tiene un miembro de la familia que pueda solicitar una visa por ellos o un empleador que pueda patrocinarlos. Muchos de estos inmigrantes, tienen una necesidad urgente de buscar otro país donde vivir, uno con mayor estabilidad política, en la que puedan hacer negocios de forma segura y proteger a sus familias. No tienen el lujo de los años que demora una petición familiar o de trabajo.

La visa E-2 ofrece esta oportunidad. Es un proceso “rápido” que permite que el titular principal de la visa E pueda hacer negocios si él/ella invierte una “cantidad sustancial de capital en una empresa de Estados Unidos”. ¿Qué es una cantidad sustancial de capital? Esto varía de empresa a empresa, pero en algunos casos inversiones de $100,000 pueden calificar para una visa E. Además de esto, tiene que ser ciudadano de un país que tiene un convenio con los EE.UU. Para obtener una lista de esos países miren este enlace:

Uno de los sorprendentes beneficios de la visa E-2 es que su cónyuge e hijos menores de 21 años de edad también pueden venir con usted. Además, su cónyuge es elegible para solicitar una autorización de trabajo y puede trabajar en cualquier cosa en los EE.UU. El trabajo de el titular de la visa E esta restringido al negocio por el que se obtuvo la visa E.

A diferencia de otras visas en el que la experiencia y la formación de el solicitante tiene que estar relacionada con el tipo de negocio que él/ella emprenderá en los EE.UU.; este no es el caso de la visa E-2. Mientras la inversión de capital sea sustancial y se cumpla con los otros requisitos, la inversión puede ser realizada por el marido o la mujer indistintamente. En este contexto, se recomienda siempre que el cónyuge con la posibilidad de ganar más sea el dependiente.

Imagine una pareja en la que el marido es un banquero internacional y la mujer es un arquitecto. El marido banquero internacional es probable que tenga más oportunidades de ingresos en los EE.UU. Para la mujer, será difícil obtener las licencias para ejercer la arquitectura. La esposa podría invertir en una franquicia, y disfrutar de la experiencia y el apoyo que proporcionan las franquicias. El banquero-marido, puede solicitar una permiso de trabajo (como un E-2 dependiente) y desarrollar su carrera en los EE.UU. como banquero.

Para obtener más información sobre visas E-2, el proceso y sus beneficios, comuníquese con nosotros por favor al 305-570-2208 o al correo electrónico

Matrimonio y Green Card

By | Admissibility, Blog, Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, LPR, misconceptions, Noticias, Peticion familiar, Residencia | No Comments

Constantemente me preguntan lo siguiente: Mi novio y yo nos amamos muchísimo. El es ciudadano americano. Si nos casamos, ¿en cuanto tiempo me llega la residencia?

La respuesta sincera a esta pregunta es: Nunca. Existe una gran confusión acerca de como opera el gobierno americano. Esto evidentemente requeriría una clase de un semestre entero, pero trataré de dar una explicación simple por ahora.

La palabra “Inmigración” significa muchas cosas. Muchas entidades componen lo que coloquialmente se llama Inmigración. Tomaría mucho tiempo explicarlo, pero lo que tiene que entenderse es que Inmigración es un organismo federal. Los Estados Unidos esta compuesto de estados y de el gobierno federal. Los estados regulan varios aspectos de la vida humana como los crímenes, la educación, el tráfico, y el matrimonio.[1]

Como los estados regulan todo lo que es el matrimonio, ahí es donde tienes que ir si quieres casarte. Si vives en la Florida, irás a una corte estatal de la Florida a casarte. Si te casas en una corte estatal y no haces nada mas, nunca recibirás la residencia (o Green Card). Nunca. El matrimonio literalmente, te da nada en términos de beneficios migratorios. Tienes que ir al gobierno federal y decirles que te has casado. “Decirles” es un eufemismo porque en realidad, es un proceso complejo de solicitudes que tienes que seguir para lo cual es recomendable un abogado de inmigración.

Pero la historia no termina ahí. Incluso si te casas, y luego vas al gobierno federal para pedir tu residencia, no necesariamente tienes derecho a que te la den. Si eres Osama Bin Laden, y te casas con un ciudadano americano, te garantizo que no obtendrás la residencia. Osama es una exageración, pero violaciones criminales mucho mas pequeñas te podrían descalificar de el privilegio de tener la residencia. Presta atención a todo los cargos criminales relacionados al fraude.[2] Llevarte una soda podría, potencialmente, descalificarte.

Sumado a los temas criminales, es muy importante considerar como entraste a los Estados Unidos. Si entraste de manera legal, y te quedaste mas de el tiempo permitido, (y no tienes crímenes) entonces podrías ser elegible para la residencia basada en el matrimonio. Si entraste ilegal, cruzando la frontera, entonces el camino es bastante mas difícil para ti. Necesitarás algo llamado “waiver” (perdón o dispensa) y, muy probablemente no podrás obtener tu residencia sin antes, en algún momento, salir de los Estados Unidos y regresar a tu país de origen y ser admitido legalmente.

Como pueden ver, no es un proceso tan simple. Si tienen mas preguntas sobre este tema, llame o envié un texto a 305-570-2208 para una consulta.

[1] En algunos ámbitos, los estados y el gobierno federal se cruzan, pero si un estado decide regular un ámbito que es prerrogativa del gobierno federal, la regulación estatal no puede contradecir la federal.

[2] Pongo énfasis en la palabra “cargos” porque incluso si una corte criminal estatal desestimó tus cargos, es posible que todavía estés en problemas con Inmigración. Inmigración tiene su propio sistema para evaluar los crimines que hacen a alguien elegible para beneficios migratorios—un sistema mucho mas estricto que el sistema estatal.

Marriage and Green Card

By | Admissibility, Admission, Blog, Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, Lawful permanent resident, LPR, misconceptions, Residencia | No Comments

I am constantly faced with the following question/fact pattern:

My boyfriend and I love each other a lot. She is a US Citizen. If we marry, in how long will they send me my green card?

The truthful (kind of mean) answer to this question is: Never. There is a huge confusion out there as to how the US government is organized. This would obviously would be a semester’s worth class, but let me try to do a simple explanation here.

The word “Immigration” means a lot of things. A lot of entities compose what we called “immigration”. It would take long to explain but what has to be understood is that Immigration is a federal body. The US is composed of States, and of the Federal Government. States regulate certain aspects of human life, like crimes, school, traffic, and marriage. The federal government regulates other aspects like taxes, employment and Immigration.[1]

Since states regulate marriage, that is where you have to go to get married. If you live in Florida, you will go to a state court in Florida and get married. If you marry in a state court, and do nothing else, you will never ever obtain a green card. Never. Marriage literally gives you nothing in terms of immigration benefits. You have to go to the federal government and tell them that you got married. “Tell them” is a euphemism because in reality, it is a complex paper work process you have to follow, for which it is recommendable to get an immigration attorney.

But the story does not end here. Even if you marry, and then go to the federal government to request for a green card, you are not necessarily entitled to one. If you are Osama Bin Laden, and you marry a US citizen, I guarantee you; you will not get a green card. Osama is the extreme example, but much much lighter criminal violations could disqualify you from getting a green card. Pay attention to all charges related to fraud.[2] Shop lifting a soda could potentially disqualify you.

In addition to criminal issues, it is very important to take into consideration how you entered the United States. If you entered legally, and overstayed your visa, (and you have no crimes) then you might be eligible for the green card. If you entered across the border, illegally, then the road is much steeper for you. You will need what is called a “waiver” and you likely WILL NOT be able to get your green card without a at some point in time, leaving the United States and being admitted legally.

As seen it is not that simple a process. If you have any further questions call or text Attorney Eduardo Ayala at 305-570-2208 for a consultation.

[1] In some of the areas the federal government and states overlap, but if a state regulates an area that is the realm of the feds, the state regulations cannot contradict the federal law.

[2] I put emphasis on “charges” because even if in a state criminal court you were acquitted, you might still be on the hook with immigration. Immigration has its own system of evaluating what crimes make someone eligible for immigration benefits. A system that is much tougher than the state system.

Petición aprobada versus visa disponible—una confusión muy común

By | Green Card, immigration, Immigration Law, Lawful permanent resident, National Visa Center, Noticias, Peticion familiar, Residencia, USCIS, Visa Bulleting | No Comments

Una de las confusiones mas comunes para aquellos que buscan emigrar a los Estados Unidos (o traer un miembro de su familia) es la que se refiere a la conexión entre peticiones aprobadas y visas disponibles. No son la misma cosa. Muchas veces el inmigrante, o el peticionario del inmigrante, tiene una petición aprobada (Formulario I-130) en sus manos y piensa que esto les da derecho a entrar legalmente a los Estados Unidos.

El hecho es que una petición aprobaba es sólo la primera parte del proceso. Para entender esto mejor, necesitamos saber lo siguiente:

  1. No todas las peticiones son las mismas. La petición de un hijo a su padre es diferente de la petición a un hermano a su hermana.
  1. El número de visas disponibles es limitado, a menos que sea un “pariente inmediato”: esposa a esposo; hijo de 21 años de edad o mayor a su padre o madre; padre o madre a hijo soltero menor de 21 años.

Si el miembro de la familia no encaja en la categoría de parientes inmediatos, la petición aprobada (I-130) solo demuestra que existe una legítima relación familiar que da derecho al miembro de la familia a una visa; si es que está disponible. El I-130 lo procesa USCIS.[1] Una vez que USCIS la aprueba, la remite al Departamento de Estado de EE.UU (DOS por sus siglas en ingles) para tramitar la visa—cuando esté disponible— y de ahi no tiene nada más que hacer en el proceso. Esta será la respuesta que le dará USCIS cuando usted llame un año después que su I-130 fue aprobada y la visa no este disponible todavía. USCIS le dirá que ya no tiene nada que ver con este proceso y que se ponga en contacto con el Centro Nacional de Visas (NVC por sus siglas en ingles) para ver si la visa ya esta disponible.

Ahora, como puedo saber cuando la visa esta disponible? Muy simple. Vaya al boletín de visas en la pagina de el departamento de estado que queda en el sitio Web:

El Centro Nacional de Visas actualiza el boletín todos los meses y le informara de las aplicaciones que se estan procesando en ese momento. La aprobación de su I-130 tendrá una fecha de recepción en la esquina superior izquierda. Esa fecha de recepción será su fecha de prioridad. En la parte superior derecha de su aprobación I-130 tendrá la categoría a la cual pertenece. Todo lo que tiene que hacer es buscar su categoría y luego buscar las solicitudes que se esten procesando en ese momento.

Por ejemplo, mas abajo se muestra un cuadro (tomado de la pagina de web del NVC) de las peticiones de visa para familiares en Abril 2015. Hay fechas determinadas para el proceso de China, India, México y Filipinas; Y luego, está la fecha para el resto de los países— la sección llamada “All chargeability Areas.”

Family-Sponsored All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 01AUG07 01AUG07 01AUG07 01NOV94 01FEB05
F2A 01AUG13 01AUG13 01AUG13 08JUL13 01AUG13
F2B 22AUG08 22AUG08 22AUG08 01FEB95 01APR04
F3 08FEB04 08FEB04 08FEB04 01APR94 08AUG93
F4 15JUN02 15JUN02 15JUN02 08JUL97 22SEP91

Digamos que Marta que es residente permanente solicitó a su hijo, que tiene 16 años y se encuentra en Lima, Perú. La petición de Marta fue aprobada por USCIS y tiene una aprobación y fecha de recepción para 1 de agosto, 2014. Peticiones de residente permanentes a sus hijos pertenecen a la categoría F2A. Entonces, Marta va a el boletín de visa y busca la sección que diga “All chargeability areas” (porque Marta es de Peru). A continuación, ella buscara la categoría F2A y buscara la fecha que aparece en el gráfico.

En nuestro ejemplo, el Centro Nacional de Visas esta procesando solicitudes recibidas en Agosto del 2013. Aun no han llegado a la solicitud de Marta la cual fue recibida en Agosto de el 2014. Por tanto, Marta tendrá que esperar un año hasta que haya una visa disponible para su hijo. La aprobacion de la peticion por USCIS no le da derecho a una visa de por si. USCIS al approbar la I-130 solo le dice al DOS y a la NVC que existe una legítima relación familiar, y que el beneficiario (el hijo de Marta) puede obtener una visa, cuando este disponible.

Una vez que la visa sea disponible, DOS va a comenzar a procesarla y le dira a Marta (o su abogado) cuáles son los próximos pasos para que su hijo pueda ir a una entrevista y, a continuación, llegar a los Estados Unidos.

Para obtener más información sobre peticiones familiares y tramites de visas llame a el abogado, Eduardo Ayala a (305)699-7848.

[1] United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.