Ayala’s attorney Eduardo A. Maura is set to attend an oral argument in the case against Allianz Global Assistance (Allianz) in the US 11th Circuit Court of Appeals on the week of March 21, 2021.
The case revolves around Allianz’ offer of “trip protection insurance.” Ayala’s client, Mr. Arencibia, alleges, on his behalf and behalf of others similarly situated, that when Allianz makes statements like
- Prepare for the unexpected.
- Yes, protect my trip for a total of [price of policy]. Recommended.
- Includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel and baggage delay, and more.
- “It’s wise to always consider a travel protection plan to cover your trip costs from the unexpected.” – Frommer’s, May 2016.
- No, I choose not to protect my [price of flight] purchase. I understand by declining coverage I am responsible for all cancellation fees and expenses.
it largely misrepresents the contents of a very narrow product that covers mainly catastrophic events or medical emergencies—rare occurrences.
The appeal stems from the US Southern District of Florida granting Allianz’s Motion to Dismiss in its favor. In the appeal, Ayala’s client argues that the lower court should not have dismissed its client’s case without allowing the Plaintiff, Mr. Arencibia, to present evidence that he and others are in fact deceived by Allianz’ misleading offer.
For more information regarding this lawsuit, or if you have purchased trip protection or trip insurance from Allianz, call an experienced consumer attorney at Ayala at 305-570-2208 or email attorney Eduardo A. Maura at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also schedule a case evaluation online on our website at www.lawayala.com/consultation/